Thursday, July 21, 2011

Replies to queries-House construction

PANCHAYATH BUILDING PERMIT

Query

Dear Sir,

I,m interested in a new house which is built in a panchayat.All the documents seems to be perfect except building approved plan and permit .The owner is giving some excuse like its not there or its with panchayat office. And he says that permit is  not required for his plot because .its only 2.5 cents.

What is the validity of a permit.If we are third owner. Do we  require permit?

Sir I want to know whether he is correct. Should I buy his property.?

Ram

My reply

For a completed house with building no and panchayath tax paid receipt you do not have to worry about building permit and approved plan.There was a rule about few months back which demanded obtaining building permit in panchayath also.Currently there is no such requirement of building permit prior to construction

With the building no you can even check with concerned panchayath whether the house is built as per rules.Better still you can approach a professional agency  to check all legal and technical aspects related to the property including the building.Such verification of documents and property will make you safer in purchase of property

COST OF CONSTRUCTION

Query

we are interested  to contact with you about the construction of a house in Edappally Cochin,but we are still in Dubai . We are having only 5 cent land there and   it is a square land .So that how many square meter house we can construct  and  what is the cost per  square meter  .We are awaiting your reply

Cherian Thomas

My reply

Cents is only area of land.While designing a house a better frontage,positions of roads on sides of property matters a lot.Unless you send me plot sketch of the land,I cannot comment on how best land can be utilised for building a house.

If you tell me what all you need in the house,I can give you an approximate cost figure even though cost can be calculated only after finalisation of plan of the house.

NEW HOUSE CONSTRUCTION

Query

Hi Thomas,

My Name is Bony and am from Kolenchery area.

Really appreciate your help to us NRIs.keep up the good work.

We got a nice plot near the NH in Kolenchery . The plot is on a slope but already leveled.We are planning to construct our home there. I am in Canada with family. My Parents and in laws are insisting that they can complete the supervision etc. for the house..They are old and tired and  don't want them to suffer much. Not only that as an Engineer I am not much happy with current 'Asharis' as well.

Please advice what service you can provide me in Kolenchery. I would really like to see a start to finish job with clear timelines.

I will be there for a vacation from Aug 27th onwards and will be there for one month.

We would really like a 4or 5 bedroom with bath attached , Front verandah and a traditional type roofing.

Cheers

Bony

My reply

I am mailing you details which you need to know for designing and building a new house.We can design and build your house at Kolenchery from developing design concepts to completion.

No comments: