Thursday, December 6, 2012

Free Consultation,5/12/12

Building rules,clearances required

Query-1

I am Joji  from Cochin I had some doubt regarding the house construction. I brought 5 cent land (square plot) . There is one pocket road in one side of my plot, so while making plan for the house I have to take a 3 M gap with the road. I would like to know there is concession for 5 cent plots? And Can you please suggest me the suitable size of the house (single floor with 3 bed attach) that can I make in 5 cent with these regulations..

My reply

There are relaxations in clearance space to be left while constructing house for plot area,3 cents or less only

Query-2

Please let me know the distance to be set apart from a river for construction

Additionally can we use the set apart area as car porch or outhouse or is it to left plain

Hari

Query-3

I have 3 cents of land one the side of river in Trivandrum only 6mts from the side of river. How to construct a building with clearances. Any Govt. exemption required for the clearances on all sides

Bhattathiri

My reply

As per CRZ Act,you have to leave 50M from river and lake for construction.Exemptions possible are having a building on the same line which existed prior to 1993 or a road in between.For exact details as may be applicable in your area,contact concerned person in town planning section of your local authority office

Query-4

Sir,
I've 15cents of plot at Trichur Corporation area. From the main road, there is a sub road having width of 3.200 M to the plot. I wish to build an apartment at there. Is 3.200 M accessibility is enough otherwise what papers has to submit to get relaxation. Pls. advice .
Regards.
jayadevan

My reply

Contact town planning section of local authority office(in your case Trichur Corporation) with Division No and Survey No of the plot.They are the competent authority to clarify your doubts as in addition to KBR provisions local authority can impose further restrictions and conditions

Construction cost

Query-1

I'm a Chartered Accountant, based in Kollam. I'm planning to built a
house on my plot of 7 cents. I would like have a simple single storied
house but spacious, with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.Before proceeding ahead with my plan i would like to have an estimate
of the cost of construction as per the standards now. I want only a
very rough idea of the cost so that i could make my plans accordingly

My reply

Rough idea of cost which some one may give on guess basis is not going to help you in any manner. Cost of hundreds of materials used for house construction and different type of labour is going up fast almost everyday.In this situation,once you have decided to go for construction go in to construction without delay with professional design and guidance from experienced professional from beginning to end of construction.If you do not have sufficient own funds,go for housing loan which will be financially a better option for you rather than delaying construction and spend more money later for the same house.

Query-2

I am planning to have a house at around 1000 sq., feet in two story. I want to reduce cost at all possible way without compromising quality. But, luxuries can be avoided. Most modern cost reduction techniques can be adopted wherever possible like, roofing, partition walls, staircase etc. Here I am quoting some suggestion to express My ideas. Car Porch can be built separately with corrugated sheet roofing on pillars,

Kindly let me know the cost approximately, to have a 3 bed house at Palakkad.

Girish

My reply

Guessing cost without site visit,without plan,without Engineering Estimate will be like telling a lie.House construction is not that simple to predict cost by reading few sentences on your requirements.Technology is never based on  guessing

Query-3

I am planning to construct a 1200 s ft. house at Haripad, in Alleppey district.
I am having 30 cents of land in road side. I want to know the approximate cost
to build the house. My plan is 3 bed room having 2 attached bath room and one
common bath room, One hall, sit out,car porch, one kitchen and a small store
room.In the the hall only we prefer vitrified tiles and in other rooms normal
tiles preferred to reduce cost. One room preferred in the up stair. What will be
the approximate cost for such a house.
Expecting a reply
Jagadeesh

My reply

Three bed room two floor house with reasonably large rooms and other living spaces cannot be 1200 sft.It will be more in plinth area.Any way only after finalisation of plan any one can exactly tell square feet plinth area.There is no fixed square feet cost of construction as you believe

Query-4

Dear sir,

I saw in the net regarding the Dream home , you are making very good plan and

designing also.

I will introduce myself my name is Ann from Dubai. I want to know some information regarding Dream home.

I am planning to buy one small plot  4 cent I don't have big budget.

If i want to make one house at least 1750/- sq.feet . Total how much it will come.

If you can give me some idea , I am planning to do , can you help me sir

My budget is maximum 15 lakhs to 20 lakhs this it will workout or not

please give me the reply.

My reply

It may be possible to build a house within that budget.Without any data no one can predict cost.Even the plinth area of the house will be known only after an experienced professional prepares a plan suited to your plot,requirements and budget constraints if any.Golden rule in house construction in Kerala is to start construction activities without delay once you decide to construct house.Obtaining professional design and guidance throughout construction will help reduce cost and will get you better facilities in the house at lesser cost.
Other issues

Query-1

Dear Mr. Thomas,

We have a flat in Kochi and when we finally move in, we would like to do some remodeling work of the interior. This is in the future but what has happened is that the person living in the flat below ours started some work in his flat and the person living below his flat stopped the work saying that he was getting disturbed. Now I hear that he is taking the matter to court.

I am sure that there must be some guidelines about the time when you can have work done; say from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm or something like that. Or is it dependent on the goodwill of your neighbors? Please advise.

Verghese

My reply

What you refer to is a legal issue and I am not competent to comment or advise you on it

Query-2

Sir,

I am a NRI plan to start a business in Kerala.Me and my friends are interested to start a construction firm.In this stage we only dream about this.Please advise us how to start a firm and what should we do and whether is there any scope in this field or any risk will come which we cant afford in any stage etc..etc..,We have investors with us.We need a good fame as well as career in this field.Our investors obviously need returns only.Here we have many contacts also.So pls help us how we start this and related to this...Waiting for a swift response.

Zesham.

My reply

Our Consultancy division can guide on this and help you set up your business from beginning guiding you on all aspects of commencing business including legal and statutory issues,providing marketing guidance also.Please write to

vhthomas@viruvelil.com

and fix up date and time for direct discussions

No comments: